Desktop – Chrome App
For full platform independence you can use our Chrome App on Windows, Linux or Mac OS X based PCs.
All you need is to install Google’s [Chrome] browser.
Follow this steps for activating sklera on a desktop PC using Chrome:
- Install sklera app: [sklera]
- To add an shortcut on your desktop open [chrome://apps] in chrome and right click on the sklera app and click on “create shortcut” option
- Use the shortcut to launch sklera player app
Notice: Of course you can tweak your PC so that it will be able to use sklera in an kiosk-like mode. In general this includes the following steps:
- Make sure a user gets logged in automatically
- Autostart the sklera app after login
- Disable power-saving standby settings
- Disable windows task bar
If you need more instruction for that get in contact with us. But in general we recommend using a chromebox or professional LFD display for 24/7 operation times.